Manhattan Chicken Caper







So my sweet nephew goes to college in New York.

He’s taking some kind of class that requires animals. Don’t ask, too complicated for me.

There were a few chickens in this class. Real, live chickens. One of the kids in the class asked to take one home.

The kid takes it and, after a while, lets the chicken go in the middle of Manhattan. I wouldn’t want to be left alone in Manhattan, not for all the money in the world. But a poor defenseless chicken, really?
Who does that?

The next day my nephew sees the chicken in the rain in Manhattan. The chicken was lost and not a soul around wanted to help this poor defenseless creature. We always heard New Yorkers were selfish.

I heard they have rats bigger than chickens in New York. He could be eaten by one of those monsters.

So my sweet nephew decides he’s going to catch this chicken. While he’s chasing it the poor bird gets entangled in traffic and gets hit by a car.

My nephew notices the chicken is still alive. He grabs it and takes it back to his dorm room. Then he proceeds to watch the St. Louis Blues hockey game with the chicken. Hopefully the chicken likes sports.

The nephew then calls animal control to come and get the chicken.  The authorities didn’t want it. They said they were too busy.  

The teacher who started it all was also too busy to be involved in the loose chicken caper. This, by the way, is not a capon (another form of chicken for those of you who don’t know).

What is a good smart student do with a feral chicken? He takes it to the library. And lets it loose. 

Fortunately somebody at the library catches the chicken. They then take it to another place where they have an animal center.

I didn't want to ask if it was a testing lab.

No, I can’t make stuff like this up. Not even for a good story.

It’s enough for me to have nightmares.

I don’t think I’ll be eating chicken or chicken soup anytime soon.



Comments

  1. Oh my. I just made me a pot of chicken noodle soup yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and appreciate you reading this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Thoughts

Hey Gen Z, What Up?

This Groundhog Didn't Get His Day