Hippocratic or Hypocrite?

 


Doctors are required to take the Hippocratic Oath. Or are they hypocrites?

I love all my doctors and they’ve all proven themselves to be just what they’re supposed to be.

Now there are many other people out there professing to know what’s best for you. I’m not here to argue with any of them I’m just stating my case.

If only half the things that they claim were true, we’d have a real healthy America.

I don’t have an opinion about CBD oil. I know what the claims say but I don’t have any personal opinion because I’ve never tried it. They say it’s better than sliced bread.

A recent advertisement I got for a health newsletter claims to have inside secrets to things that everybody needs to know. I’m not even going list all the claims they say will help you.

I do believe there is a time and place for alternative medicines. No hate mail please.

Did you know you have to take your blood pressure in both arms and if one is 10 points different than the other, you could be having a stroke or a heart attack? That’s a new one for me but you bet I’m going to try that. Then there’s the one about sniffing peanut butter and if you could sniff it you won’t have Alzheimer’s, but if you can’t you could have Alzheimer’s in 20 years.

I’ve been sniffing peanut butter now for years, most of the time I try to sniff it before I eat it.  I wonder if it makes a difference if you sniff creamy or crunchy. What about almond or cashew butter? Nutella? 

Now there’s an herbal remedy that can control blood sugar as well as Metformin with zero side effects. Well I’m interested in that one.

I’ve had two shoulder replacements. Thank God I only have two shoulders. Now there’s three simple movements that you can do that will repair your painful shoulders. Of course I have to buy the book or the magazine to see what they are. It’s too late for me anyway.

There’s a two minute leaning trick that will ease your back pain instantly. If you turn to 112 in their book they’ll tell you what it is.

Pink noise will enhance your sleeping even better than white noise.  

For the best exercise for building a better memory look on page 87. If I can remember to toss away my eyeglasses this simple procedure will give you sharper vision then you had as a child if you turn to page 66.

All these magic potions and information is included in this newsletter they say.

Have you ever heard of snake oil? Could this possibly be a snake oil publication?

Let me know what you think. Meanwhile I’ll keep my doctors and my medicine.  Now if I can only get my son to eat his flaxseed...


Comments

  1. . Glad I can finally read it again, could'nt read for a long time wouldn't let me enlarge my browser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Thoughts

Hey Gen Z, What Up?

This Groundhog Didn't Get His Day